Saturday, October 3, 2009




October 3rd 2009
After a lousy nights sleep in Guayaquil and a long bus ride we are here in Bahia de Caraquez. We had a very exciting afternoon seeing the city, meeting our teams and translators, and the pastors we will work with. Our team has a very exciting assignment. We will be working in a new area to evangelize and start a church there. We have no idea if this church has any members or leaders yet. Pastor Jose Cevallos will work with us to establish the church and watch over it when we are gone.




I’ve got a great team to work with, two sisters Mary and Gail and their friend Noreen. They are experienced campaigners who know each other out in California. It is scary and exciting to see how tomorrow will go. If I focus on me then I feel nervous and woefully inadequate, especially to break new ground to take the gospel to a new area. But it’s not about me. Being worried if God will work because I’m inadequate gives me too much credit. All the power is His. Lord increase my faith.




I am excited, I believe he is going to use us to do something cool. It is interesting that God sent me here, and our team, instead of encouraging, strengthening and training an existing church, will be focused on planting a new church… I’m not sure what His purpose is there but let’s find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment